Application for Nominations
The Community Foundation of Northwest Mississippi is now accepting nomination for the 2019 Community Stars. The purpose of the award is to honor individuals and organizations who have demonstrated philanthropic leaderships, volunteerism, and activation/impact in their community or in Northwest Mississippi.
The categories include: 1) The Dan Maddox Man of the Year; 2) The Margaret Maddox Woman of the Year; 3) Business of the Year, and 4) Nonprofit of the Year.
Overall, to be considered for a Community Star Award, it is necessary that nominators show evidence that the nominee has taken a leadership role in an initiative or project that lead to the betterment of their community through their time, talent, or charitable donations.
Alabama Douglas – firstname.lastname@example.org, (Fax) 662-449-5006 or mail to
315 Losher Street, Suite 100, Hernando, MS 38632
- Nominations will be accepted through October 30, 2019.
- Nominations can be submitted by individuals, companies, organizations, and educational institutions.
- All nominations must show examples of philanthropic leadership, volunteerism, and/or activation/impact in their community or in Northwest Mississippi.
- Nominees must live in one of the 11 counties served by the Community Foundation: Bolivar, Coahoma, DeSoto, Leflore, Marshall, Panola, Quitman, Sunflower, Tallahatchie, Tate, and Tunica.
- Nominators may nominate as many eligible candidates as they would like, but they must submit a separate nomination form for each candidate.
- All nomination forms and materials must be submitted by 5:00 pm CST on October 30, 2019 to be eligible for an award.
- The Community Star winners will have access to the nomination form that was submitted on their behalf for clarification and verification of the information. The nominator may remain anonymous if desired.
- The Community Star winners will be chosen by a selection committee. This committee is responsible for ensuring that the Community Star winners have been chosen based on the criteria mentioned above.
- Community Star winners will have the opportunity to record a special 30-second video regarding why they were nominated and about their community impact. This video will be played in front of 1,000+ people at the January 19, 2019 Crystal Ball Gala.
- Each Community Star winner and a guest will be invited to attend the Crystal Ball Gala at no cost.