The Community Foundation offers 4 competitive grant programs which focus on Early Childhood Education, the Future of Northwest Mississippi, Place-Based Education & Civic Engagement, and Technology in Education. The Community Foundation’s competitive grant programs are offered twice a year with deadlines of March 1st and September 1st. Nonprofit organizations that work in the Community Foundation’s service region are eligible to apply. These counties include Bolivar, Coahoma, DeSoto, Leflore, Marshall, Panola, Quitman, Sunflower, Tallahatchie, Tate, and Tunica.
Spring Competitive Grant Application Opens on March 1st and Closes on March 31st | Fall Competitive Grant Application Opens on August 1st and Closes on August 31st
Are you a grant recipient?
Send us your photos, videos, and testimonials from your funding! We'd love to see how these funds have impacted our community!
In addition to your wonderful photos and videos, don't forget to send us your final report. The form can be found below!
What will I need to apply?
Materials and Information you will need to have available to apply for a grant:
- Register as an Orgaization
- EIN number
- Organization Contact Information
- Grant Contact Information
- A list of other pending grant request for the project, the amount requested and an estimated decision date.
- A list of other partners/contributors committed to the project.
The following will need to be available to upload:
- Detailed, itemized project budget that includes revenues and expenses. You may use our Project Revenue Budget Template and Project Expense Budget Template.
- A current list of the organization's officers and directors, including contact information at least two (2) of the officers' addresses must be different from the charity's address.
- Most recent Mississippi Secretary of State Charitable Registration Certificate and File no. You can find those here.
- Most recent IRS 990